Follow these 10 safe winter driving tips during our rain and fog:
- Make sure your vehicle is ready to handle winter road conditions. In other words, make sure your windshield wipers are good, headlights are working, tires are properly inflated, etc.
- Make sure to have a winter survival kit in your car.
- Leave a little bit early to allow yourself extra time to arrive at your destination.
- Always have your headlights on.
- Never use cruise control when it is raining.
- Ensure your vehicle has at least half of a tank of fuel.
- Slow down. Do not drive the speed limit, as that speed is meant for dry roads.
- Avoid tailgating, as you will need more time.
- Never slam on your brakes when you start to skid or hydroplane.
Aside from using the aforementioned driving tips this winter, you also want to make sure that you have adequate coverage for your vehicle in the event of an accident. For an up-to-date and competitive auto insurance quote, please contact us today at 1st Community Insurance.