Your Home, Insurance and Damage From Nature: The Facts

When you sign up for homeowners insurance, you expect to have financial protection from a lot of things including natural hazards. However, you aren’t quite as protected as you think you are unless you have a secondary, or rider, policy in addition to your standard homeowners policy. Here are some things you need additional protection from:

  • Floods – This is especially true if your home is in a known flood plain
  • Earthquakes – An additional policy is needed if you live in an area prone to earthquakes
  • Forest Fires – If you live in an area where forest fires are prevalent, you’ll need a fire policy
  • Tornado / Hurricane – For those who live in the mid-west or on the coast, additional policies are necessary

While the standard homeowners insurance provides a lot of coverage, many natural disasters and hazards aren’t covered by your average policy. Checking with an great insurance company like 1st Community Insurance in the Palm Springs, California area to see if your policy gives you the coverage you need is your best first step to making sure you have the financial protection you deserve. Give them a call today and make sure your home and property is actually as protected as it should be. 

Posted on: March 12th, 2014 at 11:00am by tanya. Filed under: Article Archives
Tags: , , , , ,

Get a Quote or call for a quote at 800-316-0019 or 760-325-7400